“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.” — Mark Twain
“Fear is an emotion induced by a threat perceived by living entities, which causes a change in brain and organ function and ultimately a change in behavior, such as running away, hiding or freezing from traumatic events. The fear response arises from the perception of danger leading to confrontation with or escape from/avoiding the threat (also known as the fight-or-flight response), which in extreme cases of fear (horror and terror) can be a freeze response or paralysis.” – Wikipedia
That is a a big definition 🙂 phew.. However we all understand this word through our own experience. Fear, Anxiety, Anger are all kith and kin and these emotions are very near to most of us. FEAR is much more real and big than anxiety or anger this is what we have assumed . Healing and psychological counselling is a two way learning we become a channel to provide guidance and healing and in turn we are also healed and guided. This blog is part of the same psychic navigation that is guiding to write down this process. This can be applied to all our emotions that make us uncomfortable for example I have taken FEAR.
We perceive ourselves as individual entities but now even Science is speaking about the invisible FIELD and a matrix that is holding the universe together. Being alone or separate is only an illusion of the EGO. The EGO is our lower nature that is always hungry and its food is lower emotions (FEAR based emotions refer my Blog Emotion or Energy in Motion)
These lower emotions are like rapids once you are in their vicinity they try to suck you in. Fear is that feeling of being sucked in and being battered and destroyed. We all know swimming against a current is always tough and causes panic due to resistance than surrendering to the flow. So this constant struggle to move away or run away is what is causing the lower emotions (Anxiety/Anger/Fear) to appear like monsters . It is better to enter this dark tunnel or the turbulent rapid rather than resisting , as then you will know it ; rather than ho;ding that fear of the unknown.
Fear like Love is only an emotion conceived and birthed by our thoughts. At any point in life we can alter our thoughts and overcome our Fear applicable for all lower emotions. We are born with primitive instincts and we crave for security anything that challenges our survival/security causes us to fear and stress. These instincts can always be overcome here is a short How to Overcome Fear tips:
How to Overcome Fear
1. Identify the Fear you want to work on – Sit comfortably and introspect identify the major fears that are holding you back, you can do this with any of your negative emotions.
2. Understand Fear is only an Emotion that has not been attended – All these negative emotions are so real and scary because that is what we want to think about them. In reality it is just an emotion which we have created with our own thoughts and that can be changed.
I remember a scene in Life of Pi where Pi is with this huge Tiger and is so fearful but once there is no choice left for them to run the Fear just transmutes into love for each other.
“Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain.” –Mark Twain
We have always tried to run away from them and they continue chasing us not to scare us but begging for our attention
3. Sit with this Emotion of Fear – Once you understand that FEAR is only an emotion that is waiting to be embraced /attended. It becomes easy to overcome it. Hold this emotion in your heart be with it and feel it.
4. Talking with your Fear – Once you are able to feel this emotion in your heart; speak with emotion ; this talk can be in your head or aloud and ask what is there that you have to learn from this emotion and that you are ready to learn and face this emotion.
5. Short Meditation to Transmute FEAR – Visualize a ball of pink light at your heart center visualize this pink ball of light enveloping your entire being flooding the emotion of fear where ever you felt it and imagine it growing till you are contained in this pink light. Be with this feeling till you feel the emotion no more exists but has transmuted.Take your time and once you are done
Affirm I am Healed of My FEAR (3)
Thank God/Spirit/Source and open your eyes with a Big Smile 🙂
Love Always Sargam
Thank you Smrati 🙂
very inspiring sargam
Very nicely explained