Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder common among women of reproductive age. Women with PCOS may have infrequent or prolonged menstrual periods or excess male hormone (androgen) levels. The ovaries may develop numerous small collections of fluid (follicles) and fail to regularly release eggs.
The exact cause of PCOS is unknown. Source: Mayo Clinic.
Here is some more information on PCOS and the numbers are alarming 1- IN -EVERY 10 Women has PCOS/PCOD today. There is a whole bunch of issues that follow PCOS including diabetes, weight gain, infertility, irregular periods to name a few. These are physical conditions but the emotional and mental symptoms are quite alarming like anxiety and depression.
The woman of today is going through a tough time because somewhere between the gender wars where we have a constant need to prove we are better than men or women are equal to men we are missing out on being a WOMAN. We are still struggling with gender issues like female infanticides, rape crimes, corporate gender bias , dowry deaths, all of these fears and insecurities have silently drifted us from womanhood.
Amidst all of these somewhere You as a WOMAN feel disconnected from your own divine feminine qualities. The pride and happiness of being born a woman is seldom celebrated by you or others around you. Imagine Our mothers, grandmothers and great grand mothers have all paid a huge price to ensure that as a woman you and I can live our joy , we can embrace our sexuality and feel proud of being a woman. If even today we are shameful of being a woman and mask our sexuality by shaming ourselves and others for being connected with the divine feminine* we are going against our energetic constitution.
*Divine feminine qualities are ; creation, birth, healing, receptivity, openness, motherhood, nurturing, love, understanding, compassion, insight, intuition, wisdom, forgiveness, sensuality.
When as woman you disown your sexuality you suppress the joy of being a woman the hormones that nurture the female reproductive system are triggered by your thoughts and emotions and when your thoughts and emotions are constantly dreading your being as a woman you are constantly playing against your constitution, that which differentiates you from a man physically and emotionally, the reason why you were constituted a certain way.
We all are so focussed on making it big in life , somewhere we are sacrificing our desires of being mothers, nurturers and caregivers as we see it as one of the biggest hurdles in our success and growth. As women we have also taken an active role in family for helping financially , it is also important for us to continue earning and hence we restrict ourselves from procreation. Various over the counter pills, poor nutrition and inability to take care of our health also adds to woes of female wellbeing.
Let us look this emotional condition from the energy perspective (Chakras)
So when you are emotionally suppressing your emotions or are dwelling with lower emotions (anger, resentment, anxiety) your Solar Plexus chakra and back heart chakra is impacted as this is happening with improper thinking to some extent your upper chakras are out of balance. (Crown, Backhead, Ajna , Forehead) when you consistently repress sexual energies and are disconnected with your sexuality your sex chakra is adversely impacted. The Sex chakra provides prana to your reproductive organs. The energy has to move from lower to upper chakras and upper to lower chakras. With these chakras adversely impacted (blocked) you create an imbalance in your life force energy. Those in energy healing modality can now understand the cause of the additional symptoms of PCOS?PCOD.
Pranic Healing has a beautiful protocol for healing PCOS/PCOD depending on the condition you can get physical and psychological healing for this condition.
“Incurable means curable from within”.
Here I am sharing some self help tips and techniques for initiating your healing journey:
- Self Love – No matter how cliche’d is self love a lot of issues with our physical body happens because of suppressing our emotions, self sabotaging beliefs, self harm in thoughts and emotions. here is how you can practice self love in daily life.
- Forgiving the Past – Psychosomatic illnesses and other disease are a result of holding a lot of pent up emotions within us. Most of us carry a lot of baggage from our past the hurt from relationships and emotional turmoil caused by others can still be felt as thorns in the heart. Some of us nurture these thoughts and emotions so as to keep the fire burning by holding on these memories and then feeling the pain in times of solitude. Here is a beautiful forgiveness technique to help you heal.
- Embrace Your Feminity – Connect with the divine feminine qualities within you appreciate your sexuality and accept it with love. The incarnated soul chooses its form prior to birth because it has certain lessons to learn and master them. So be respectful of the choice you made and live it gracefully.
- Affirmations – Louise Hay is a pioneer in affirmations for healings and here are some affirmations that can help in healing PCOS. If you carefully reflect these affirmations also give you insight into your own thought patterns, so you can mentally replace these program from your system through affirmations.
Ovaries– Represent point of creation. Creativity.
Affirmation- “I am balanced in my creative flow.”
Female Problems– Denial of the self.
Affirmation- “I rejoice in my femaleness. I love being a woman. I love my body.”
Cysts– Running an old painful movie.
Affirmation- “The movies of my mind are beautiful because I choose to make them so. I love me.”
- Using Crystals to Support Healing being a certified crystal healer I feel if one uses crystals with proper instructions and guidance it can help in healing any physical conditions/support the healing. Crystals like Rose Quartz, Moonstone, Carnelian
Metaphysical Properties for Rose Quartz: Rose Quartz is a stone of unconditional love! It opens your Heart and Crown Chakras to all forms of love: self-love, family love, platonic love, and romantic love. The elevated energy of Quartz gives Rose Quartz allows it to enhance love in virtually any situation, bringing gentleness, forgiveness, and tolerance. Rose Quartz opens you up to the beauty and love in everything
Metaphysical Properties for Moonstone: Grab a Moonstone when you need to feel balanced or are changing aspects in your life. It brings calm through awareness and provides the energy to sustain you through stages of growth. It’s a highly intuitive stone that allows self-expression and creativity to your energy flow.It is one of the best stones used to promote ease of pregnancy and childbirth, to enhance fertility, relieve PMS, to eliminate insomnia and circulatory disorders.
Metaphysical Properties Carnelian
This will be a perfect stone for women who lead very busy and sometimes chaotic lives. When you are surrounded by the stabilizing energies of carnelian, you will continue to function on high energy levels.Carnelian stones are not only very pretty and decorative stones, but they can also do wonders for your health and well-being. For starters, they can help with a woman’s reproductive issues.Health problems that concern the uterus, vagina, cervix, the fallopian tubes, and the ovaries can be eased or remedied by the energy of carnelian stones.
Love and Light